Hello everyone! We hope you all had a fantastic New Years~ We're super excited to announce our latest (and very important) contest!
As many of you know Sparkle Spectrum is a series of artbooks for several different charities, and the book we're starting with is "Pink Parade," The pink themed artbook for women's health! So, any great artbook needs an outstanding cover! We’re very proud to say that we have contacted Cancer Council Australia and are in the process of setting up a collaboration with them, in other words the artbook will be a legitimate piece of cancer council fundraising, and feature the official cancer council logo!
Remember, anyone can join! people who are already contributing a work to the book, or any of the other books can enter as well as anyone else!What we are looking for
• We want the cover to feature a magical girl who is like the personification of the book. For this book it must be a girl, since it's women's health, and she must wear a lot of pink! (don't worry, there will be chances to make magical boys and less traditional magical girls later on)
• Since the book is titled “Pink Parade,” the magical girl should be parade themed. Look up Majorettes, Baton Twirling and Marching Band for inspiration. We’ve also made a little collage that might help you with ideas; sta.sh/01aue6cy9za5
• She should have a fancy baton as her wand/weapon. Think of Princess Comet or Nonon from Kill La Kill.
• Other than that she can look like whatever you want! You choose the hair, the outfit details, how tall she is, how old she is. You should also include a name and some other details about her, if you fail to do this we will fill in the blanks. Also, try and be child friendly, she can be sexy but not sexual!
• Make sure you include the title “Pink Parade” somewhere on the front cover!Rules
• Must be all original artwork OR free-to-use patterns and brushes (collect any artist details for credit) OR patterns and brushes purchased for commercial use ( must have proof of purchase)
• Must be A4 300DPI (2480 Pixels by 3508 Pixels)
• Must be willing to have artwork printed and sold
You may design a front and back cover, either in two different pictures, like thismangastyle.net/book1/1-cover.j…
or adjoining like this mangastyle.net/book2/2-cover.j…
But remember the front and back covers should be two different A4 pieces! Also, we would prefer if the winner is able to supply us with a multi-layered photoshop file of both covers.
If you’re wondering what do for the background think of things you might see at a parade for example bunting, confetti, pretty music notes from the marching band, fireworks, streamers, miscellaneous sparkles and fun stuff like that.Prizes:
• Artwork printed on front and back cover
• Group Membership
• 200 points
• Able to buy copies of the art book to sell
• 30% discounted copy of this artbook, 10% discount on all the other artbooks in the series
• Feature on group and personal DA page
• 100 pionts
• Feature on group and personal DA page Due Date The contest will start on the 9th of January 2015, and will end on the 3rd of April 2015
to enter upload your image to DA and send us the link, then we'll put in in the group
Thank you everyone!
Please +fave to show you've read this journal, we would really appreciate it!